What Is a Lawyer In Turkey?
Lawyer in Turkey is the name given to the person who defends the rights of real or legal persons before the judiciary and is a guide to the people in law and legal affairs. The word lawyer is of Latin origin, meaning a person called to the court as a witness, a defender.
The profession of Lawyer in Turkey is performed by people who have studied Law, completed an internship as a lawyer and who carry out the conditions required by law.
What job definitions does the profession of Attorney cover in Turkey?
The lawyer in Turkey, defined as a ‘public service and self-employed’, basically represents individuals who ensure that legal matters and disputes are resolved in accordance with the law.
The professional obligations of the lawyer in Turkey may be classified under the following headings:
- Conduct and finalize proceedings related to the proceedings,
- To express legal opinion on relevant legal matters if requested,
- To take legal measures to protect the interests of the institution, to prevent disputes, to ensure that agreements and contracts are made in accordance with these principles,
- To examine the draft of the contract and specification, the work related to the disputes between the institution and third parties and to inform the legal opinion,
- Legal processes (resolution revision, appeal, etc.) to carry out related work and operations
The lawyer in Turkey often provides legal guidance to his clients and avoids possible disputes amid clients and third parties.
What Are The Conditions For Admission To The Legal Profession In Turkey?
People who want to be a lawyer in Turkey must be citizens of the Republic of Turkey. . These people are expected to graduate from law school. At the same time, it is necessary to have completed the internship as a lawyer and to have obtained the certificate of completion of the internship.
Cases that prevent admission to the profession of lawyers in Turkey are as follows:
- sentenced to more than two years in prison for a premeditated crime
- crimes against the security of the state
- crimes against the constitutional order and the functioning of this order,
- to be convicted of corruption, bribery, theft, fraud, forgery, abuse of trust, fraudulent bankruptcy, corruption in the tender, corruption in the execution of the act, laundering the assets of the crime or smuggling.
How to train a lawyer in Turkey?
The first six months of the internship of a lawyer in Turkey covering a period of one year are held in the courts and the remaining six months are held in the presence of a lawyer.
What Are The Qualifications Expected From A Lawyer in Turkey?
- Having a systematic way of thinking
- Being able to analyze
- Playing a leading role in solving problems
- Being capable of effective speaking
What legal services does the lawyer in Turkey provide?
Lawyer in Turkey provides services in a wide range of legal branches. The legal system, which has developed and changed over the centuries, is ultimately divided into class by class.
Let’s explain what these classes are and what legal services the Lawyer in Turkey provides in a nutshell.
Lawyer in Turkey offers a wide range of services in the field of company law.
At the establishment stage of the company, registration of the company in the relevant places, management of the company, if the companies are owed, if the companies are creditors, if the companies contract with other persons or institutions, if the companies are transferred or received another company, in case of bankruptcy of the company, in case of merger of the companies, etc. And for other company transactions, the Turkish company lawyer provides legal services. A lawyer in Turkey can also attend company meetings.