Becoming A Turkish Citizen Through Marriage
Hello, dear reader.. Welcome to our page.
The relevant article of the Turkish citizenship law stated the conditions for becoming a citizen through marriage as follows:
- Marriage to a Turkish citizen does not directly provide Turkish citizenship. However, foreigners who have been married to a Turkish citizen for at least three years and whose marriage continues can apply to acquire Turkish citizenship.
- living in the family unit
- Not acting in any activity incompatible with the Union of marriage
- Lack of an obstacle to national security and public order,
The person who wishes to aquire citizenship through marriage must bear these requirements. Applications are made to the governor where the applicant lives.
If the marriage ends due to the death of the spouse of a Turkish citizen after the application, the condition of living in a family union is not sought. You can consult a citizenship lawyer in Alanya/Antalya/Turkey for consultation.
- If the applicant is found not to have been married to a Turkish citizen for three years,
- If the marriage is found to have ended due to reasons such as divorce or death before the date of application,
- If the applicant is found to be on trial for any offence or to be convicted or imprisoned,
- Unable to submit the documents mentioned below,
If these conditions are determined, the application will not be accepted. You can consult a citizenship lawyer in Alanya/Antalya/Turkey for consultation.
Documents required for application for acquiring Turkish Citizenship through Marriage
- Petition form stating request
- A sample of the Population Registration taken from the system by the application authorities,belonging to the spouse of a Turkish citizen.
- A passport or similar document indicating which state citizen the person is, if stateless, a document related to it if it is possible to obtain.
- A document showing the person’s credentials, such as a birth certificate or a population registration sample.
- If the settlement is located in Turkey, the last dated residence permit.
- An example of this decision is if a penalty has been imposed against or in favour of any offence
- Receipt showing that the service fee was deposited with the Treasury teller.
After this stage a police investigation and review of the applicant and his family begins. You can consult a citizenship lawyer in Alanya/Antalya/Turkey for take more informatıon.
Procedures and principles for the investigation of the acquisition of Turkish citizenship through marriage by the Provincial Police Department
- Whether the applicant lives in a family union,
- Whether or not they act in a manner incompatible with the Union of marriage, such as to commit prostitution and to mediate prostitution,
- It is determined whether the applicant has a condition that would constitute an obstacle in terms of national security and public order in gaining Turkish citizenship.
These issues will be investigated. Then this report goes to the relevant commission.
Procedures to be done by the commission and the principles to be applied in the acquisition of Turkish citizenship through marriage
The foreigner and his/her wife, who wish to acquire Turkish citizenship, are interviewed separately and together by the commission to investigate whether the marriage is a real marriage or a marriage made for the purpose of acquiring Turkish citizenship.
The opinion formed as a result of the interview is written on the interview form regarding the acquisition of Turkish citizenship through marriage. The file is sent to the Ministry for decision to be made by the provincial directorate. . You can consult Alanya/Antalya/Turkey citizenship lawyer.
Procedures for acquiring Turkish citizenship through marriage and principles to be applied in applications from Abroad
A file consisting of the above-mentioned documents is issued on behalf of the foreigner who wants to acquire Turkish citizenship and who has the necessary conditions for application.
The foreign person and his or her spouse are interviewed separately and together by the consular deputy consular or higher official to determine whether the marriage is a real marriage or a marriage for the purpose of aquiring Turkish citizenship.
The positive or negative opinion generated by the interview is clearly written on the interview form regarding the acquisition of Turkish citizenship through marriage.
Yes, we have explained in general what it is like to acquire Turkish citizenship through marriage. Thank you fo reading.I hope you benefit..
Citizenship lawyer Enes Nergiz and his law office in Alanya/Antalya/Turkey provide legal services to their clients in these matters.